can we all conclude that skinny shaming isn’t a thing at all but also like let’s not pretend like nicki’s video was made to uplift fat girls when really all it does is glorify the extremely hard to achieve ‘extremely small waist/big ass’ look that is very in at the moment, none of the girls in the video were fat at all and all fit the ~skinny thicc~ look that is very en vogue atm like let’s be very real
For anyone who doesn’t know who Michael Brown is or what’s been going on in Ferguson
- Saturday Aug. 9, 2014: Reports out of Ferguson, MO. that a 17 y/o boy was shot 10 times by police over stolen candy
- He is identified as 18 y/o Michael Brown. The store Mike Brown allegedly stole candy from did not report any theft. Reports then claim that Brown was unarmed and shot 10 times for jaywalking.
- Mike Brown’s body was left lying in the street uncovered for 4 hours. His body was then placed into an unidentified black SUV.
- His mother said she was not allowed to ID her son’s body.
- Community members take to the streets (x). Flowers are spread where Mike Brown’s body laid (x).
- Protests begin. “No justice, no peace" chants are turned into "Kill the police" by media. Police respond to the unarmed crowd with dogs, shotguns, and this shit
- On the morning of Sunday Aug. 10, 2014, a crowd of people continued protesting, gathering at the Ferguson police station
- After a press conference, reports claim that there was a “struggle over the officer’s weapon" and that Mike Brown assaulted the officer who shot him. However, witnesses say that’s not what happened.. and they all have the same story (x) (x) (x)
- On the night of Aug. 10: Police blocked off streets (x), brought out the dogs (again), rifles, tear gas, gas masks, riot gear (x), tanks, and yelled “bring it on you fucking animals" at the crowd of protestors. They also did not hesitate to pull a woman who is 6 months pregnant out of a car, have her lay face down, and point their weapons at her
- Reports of looting and vandalism grab the media’s attention
- More pictures/footage from that night: (x) (x) (x)
- Protests continued into the morning of Monday Aug. 11: (x) demands of the protestors
- The night of Aug. 11: (x) Tear gas (x) (x), (x) (x) (x) (x) Gas masks, (x)
- Later that night: More tear gas (x) (x) (x) (x) lots of tear gas, seriously look at all this tear gas, riot gear, rifles, m16s, wooden pellets (x) (x), people shouting “hands up, don’t shoot!” and still shot with rubber bullets, (x) (x)
- Police tell people to return to their homes, returning home still isn’t good enough apparently. Police continue to shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at people who have returned home (x)
- Police shoot tear gas at media and threaten to arrest them if they don’t leave (x)
- Police think their lives are in jeopardy
- Oh yeah, the officer who killed Mike Brown is on paid administrative leave
- OH YEAH, the police declined to talk to Dorian Johnson, witness of his friend Mike Brown’s murder. But you can read Johnson’s description of what happened here (x)
- But the Ferguson Police Department said they would release the name of the officer who killed Mike Brown………. Just kidding! (x) His safety is important (x) (x) But….
- Tuesday Aug. 12: Police ban the media from the area. Ferguson declared a no fly zone (x) (x)
- Protesting continues
- Protesting rules (x)
- "Hands up, Don’t shoot!" (x) (x)
- “Who do you serve? Who do you protect?”
- Neighborhood cleanup organized (x)
- Ferguson police officer drives around QuikTrip and harasses those who are working to clean up the mess
- Mugshots of looters to be released. Officer who killed Mike Brown is still nameless.
- On the night of Aug. 12: Reports of a drive by shooting injuring at least one woman. Reports of another shooting by police, charges filed against victim .
- Protesting continues into the night, police tell protestors to get out of the streets and they respond by getting on their knees and shouting “hands up, don’t shoot!” (x)
- MORE tear gas seriously look at this shit. A witness describes the use of tear gas on the community. So much tear gas
- Mike Brown was killed on Aug. 9, as of Aug 12. none of this is being televised. Most news outlets are reporting lies (x). Several stations covered the one night of riots and looting but that’s about it. However, most news outlets are still banned from the area. The area has also become more violent since media has been banned.
- “POLICE ARE USING FORCE TO SUPPRESS OUTRAGE AT POLICE USING EXCESSIVE FORCE" (x)
- Hurt feelings *rolls eyes*
- Wednesday Aug. 13: Reports that there is NO dash cam video of the shooting of Mike Brown….. BUT
- Police are still arguing that Mike Brown injured the officer who shot him
- FERGUSON POLICE DEPARTMENT SAYS “JUSTICE IS NOT HERE RIGHT NOW”
- Police still haven’t released the name of the officer who shot Mike Brown. They also will not release full autopsy of Mike Brown (yet).
- Officer who murdered Mike Brown now has an attorney. Mike Brown’s body has been released to his family. (x)
- Mike Brown was murdered on Aug. 9. On Aug. 13 police say they will interview witness to murder
- "Race relations are a top priority" -Police chief
- State senator wants to know if she’ll be gassed again for peaceful protest
- The Department of Justice has opened a civil rights investigation into the murder of Mike Brown (x) (x) (x) (x)
- "Sit down for Mike Brown" (x)
- Streets are blocked off again (x) (x)
- SWAT team overlooks protests and has weapons drawn (x) Now asking protestors to leave (x) (x)
- Police don’t like peaceful protests (x) (x) (x) (x) (x) (x) (x)
- "Justice for Mike Brown" (x)
Edit: I’ll do my best to keep this updated. If there’s anything I missed or anything that is incorrect please let me know and I’ll change it or add it
i don’t understand why the word “terrorism” hasn’t come up yet. this is literally an attack on unarmed, innocent american people by armed and aggressive forces. this is terrorism, these white people are terrorists, and they are attacking america by holding an entire town of it’s citizens hostage, sequestering them, and acting with brutality against them.
Hello, I am opening temporary commissions because I just got scammed from a commissioner on deviantart for $65 and it was unexpected and out of nowhere;;
full scoop: *please be cautious of this commissioner*
They commissioned me back in early July and today they issued a claim to have their money refunded back to their card; and it hasn’t only happened to me. Now I am in the negatives on my paypal and it’s so upsetting and this whole thing is stressing me out. I contacted paypal and showed them evidence of the situation but I don’t know if I’ll be able to get my money back or not ;; I know $65 doesn’t seem like a big deal compared to others but It’s a big deal to me and still terrible that this person is scamming me and other artists! The author and artist of that journal says they ended up not being able to get their money back and it’s really unfortunate. Please be aware and cautious if anyone named pixlett is trying to commission you and if you are unsure if they’re pixlett or not; here are some of the characters they commissioned me to draw but please know that they have hundreds of characters because they are notorious/infamous for buying adoptables. here are the emails too firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com! Please be cautious!!!
I’m sorry that I had to make my commission post with this cautionary >< I just had things to pay for but now I am red on paypal. I’m willing to draw anything honestly but I’m most comfortable with anthro, animal crossing, pokemon, digimon, etc… Humans are fine too. Examples are on this blog and on my pixiv I’ll draw you whatever for $15 ; ; tips are welcomed too and much appreciated! (please contact rubbtan<at>gmail.com; please note this is not my paypal) Thank you so much for everything and please be careful.